Monday, January 20, 2014

Crazy Woman Who keeps On Moving



I am in the weirdest and quirkiest mood. I feel like eating organic chocolate with sea salt and dark baby leaf salad with balsamic dressing. I want to wear long knee-high socks and boxers and to paint on a huge canvas -rich deep colors of purple, magenta, plum, and turquoise...drink a glass of fireside vino...listen to Jeremy Riddle worship music. Maybe it's the delirium of the last 4 days. A physical fight that turned into a dual battle for my mind and faith. Being a Ruth on most days is not fun, but I have found victories are beautiful and so worth it. We wear them proudly on our soul. They remind us of God's faithfulness. I see these victories like shining ornaments or glittering badges. They are sewn onto us for eternity. They are the glimmering shining hope and constant reminder to the enemy of who we belong to and what God has brought us through. They remind the enemy of his failures. I fought pain for 4 days straight. Strong indescribable writhing...unrelenting pain. Morphine and Vicodin were not much as swords of men to fight this dragon that kept breathing it's venomous smoke of doubt that this pain would ever end.  If the enemy has my mind, he begins to get headway, but thank God there's always a strategy. There's always hope. There is always a name and a savior I can call upon between melt downs of tears. Friends were praying, and I even though I felt too weak to pray I knew it worked because I woke up this morning and was able to face this dragon and snuff out it's smoke. Is my pain gone? No. Is my life all better? No, but this battle was won. I conquered this one by the confession of my mouth and by speaking out loud the truth of who I am as a daughter of the Most High; and though I feel bloodied, tired and worn out, there's one more shiny reminder on my gown -a memorial to remind me of the victory I have in Christ Jesus. Life has battles, but we have the promised victory because Christ lives in us ....the hope of GLORY.  Written by this humbled but victorious woman- Jenny Williams Copyright 2014  A Modern Day Ruth

Philippians 3:12 NIV
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9 NIV

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment