Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I am More




I'm more than the pain I daily endure.
I'm more than the words I write.
I'm more than the brave smile I show.
I'm more than the dreams I dare to believe.
I'm more than my past that I've overcome. 
I'm more than the men who hurt me, used me and abandoned me.
I'm more than the scars that prove God healed me from.
I'm more than the trails of tears I have tenderly and openly cried.
I'm more than the humble circumstances I live in.
I'm more than the lessons and wisdom I've gleaned.
I'm more than the worship songs I sing.
I'm more than my curvy body and all my womanly parts.
I'm more than my hopes and prayers you see deep in my eyes.
I'm more than the words I dare to speak.
I'm more than my battles and victories I've won.
I'm more than my insecurities and fears.
I'm more than my silence and quietness.
I'm more than my passion and sensuality.
I'm more than my strengths, and even more so than my tenderness, frailties, and weaknesses.
I'm more than what you see.
I'm more than these walls around my heart.
I am God's Daughter...
I am more....
~ Jenny Williams, A Modern Day Ruth , Copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment